Over the summer, the North Country Chamber of Commerce concluded, signed and launched an innovative new Partnership Agreement between our Chamber and SUNY Empire State College. Based in Saratoga Springs, Empire State College has long been a special part of the SUNY system, devoted primarily to distance learning. Its long-standing specialization in on-line college classes and independent study, covering a wide array of degree and non-degree subjects, has made it a more valuable option than ever in the now expanded acceptance of virtual learning options.
The agreement now in place allows employees, retirees and family members of North Country Chamber members to participate in Empire State College’s Corporate and Community Partnership program, the benefits of which include:
• Helping to lower the cost and time needed to complete a degree by awarding college credit for employees’ prior professional learning.
• Waiving the college’s application fee.
• Providing a $100 Presidential Scholarship.
Programs are diverse, offering a wide range of opportunities for North Country employers to encourage employees to enhance their skills and value, whether by completing one or more particular courses relevant to their work or completing a professional degree. We encourage everyone to visit Empire State College’s website at www.esc. edu to peruse all of the offerings available, including some specific studies we believe should be of interest to area employers such as:
• Manufacturing Management Certificate: A 6-course, 24 credit certificate program
• Healthcare Management Certificate
• B.S. degrees in Accounting, Addiction Studies, Allied Health, Business Administration, HR Management, Nursing
So, take a look and encourage your employees to do so as well. For more information contact SUNY Empire State College admissions at email@example.com and refer to the agreement with the North Country Chamber of Commerce.
Onward and upward!